Billing and Payment
- The Rowley Water Department reads the water meters on the last Wednesday of each month.
- Water bills are mailed on the 10th of the month and are due by the due date printed on the water bill.
- Payments made at the drop box or paid in person at Town Hall or the Water Department office are stamped received and mailed to the Billing Department for posting to your account. We do not process the water bills in house. The date your water bill is stamped received is effective date used to post to the water account regardless of when the Billing Department receives them.
- If you are signed up for Direct Payment, the amount due will be taken out of bank account on the due date of the bill.
- If you are paying online through the Rowley Water website, all payments will be posted the next business day with an effective date based on the day payment was initiated.
- If you are mailing directly to the Billing Department, please allow sufficient time for delivery. In order to receive the discount the payment must be received by the due date. If you payment is not received by the due date you will not get the discount. Your payment is posted on the date received not the postmark on the envelope.
- We make every effort to ensure your payment is processed and posted to your account upon receipt. We are not responsible if your payment is received late. If your payment is late you will be assessed a 14% interest charge on the account. If your water bill shows previous balance still outstanding, and have since made payment, please call customer service for the new balance. This could be a timing issue but we can provide the new amount due as well as research to ensure payment was processed.
- Payments made after the due date will not receive the 5% discount, please pay full balance to avoid interest being assessed to outstanding charges.
- If there is interest due on an account, payments received will be first posted to interest then the remaining to water charges, starting with oldest bill first.
- If you are behind in paying your water bill we offer payment plans.
- Customers that do not pay their water bill and are 60 days overdue will be subject to termination of water service and a $75 fee.
- You are responsible to pay your water bill whether you receive one or not. At any time you have a question about your bill, please call 1-800-553-5191.It is important that you contact customer service if there any changes to your account regarding mailing address or phone number. All billing inquiries should be directed to 1-800-553-5191.
Public Notice of Water Use Restrictions
Rowley Water shall notify its customers of the restrictions and the consequences of failing to adhere to the restrictions.
- For calendar-triggered restrictions, customers shall be notified by April 15th each year.
- For streamflow-triggered restrictions, when streamflow at the assigned USGS local stream gage falls below a streamflow trigger for three consecutive days, customers shall be notified as soon as possible, but within three days of implementing the restrictions.
Notice to customers shall include the following:
- A detailed description of the restrictions and penalties for violating the restrictions; need to limit water use, especially nonessential outdoor water use, to ensure a sustainable drinking water supply and to protect natural resources and streamflow for aquatic life; and ways individual homeowners can limit water use, especially nonessential outdoor water use.