Rowley Water Department Service Connection Policy
How to Apply: Contact customer service at 1-800-553-5191, download an application below or pick up an application at the Water Department Office at 401 Central St.
- Your information will be reviewed to determine preliminary service availability. If service is available you will be required to submit an application for service
- If service is not available, the Water Department will evaluate a possible water main extension.
- Those seeking service must specify whether they’re applying for domestic, commercial or fire service.
- Fill out an application completely
- Domestic Water Service Application
- Commercial Water Service Application
- Fire Water Service Application
Please be aware of the following policies:
- All applications should include:
- A set of plans showing all utilities including septic system. If the septic system is less than 10 feet from the water service line, the water line must be sleeved.
- A service connection fee of $4,000 is due with submission of application.
- A water meter must also be purchased at the time the application is submitted. A one inch water meter costs $880, which is a direct-cost charge. For pricing on larger meters, please contact the Water Department.
- This process also includes relocation of existing service, or an increase in service connection. All fees apply. Customers requesting that their water service line be upsized and placed in a new location will pay for the upsized water service line under the same policy as a new service.
- All easement requisitions are the responsibility of the contractor, developer or homeowner.
- No service line shall be used to supply more than one customer.
- For a development or subdivision, one application for each service shall be submitted.
- There must be adequate pressures and supply available and properly sized distribution main within a public right of way.
- Separate curb stop (shut off valve) shall be installed for each type of water service requested.
- All applications must be signed off on by the water superintendent prior to the start of the project.
- Contractor fulfills the obligations on page 2 of the application package
- All tapping fees are to be paid at the time application is submitted
- Include the correct information for billing purposes.
Applications will be processed based on obtaining all necessary approvals. Installation of new water service lines will normally occur approximately 8 to 12 weeks after all required paperwork is received and depending on availability of materials, weather and departmental workloads. Unusual conditions related to materials, permits, or emergencies could also delay installation.